This week, the Labour Party unveiled its workplace manifesto, A Better Plan for Britain's Workplaces. This sets out how Labour will ensure that those who do a hard day’s work are rewarded for doing so, as part of a plan to build an economy that creates the secure and better paid jobs we need to raise living standards for working families.
Here are five things you need to know about Labour’s better plan for Britain’s workplaces:
- Labour will raise the National Minimum Wage to more than £8 before 2020.
- We will ban exploitative zero-hours contracts – so that if you work regular hours, you get a regular contract.
- We will make it illegal to use agency workers to undercut wages of permanent employees.
- We will guarantee an apprenticeship for all school-leavers who get the grades.
- We will double paternity leave to four weeks and increase the level of pay so that families can afford to take up their entitlement.
You can read the manifesto, in full, HERE.