Today, I was joined by Catherine West MP – Hornsey & Wood Green, Richard Gourlay - North Middlesex University Hospital, Patricia Mecinska - Healthwatch Enfield & Cllr Abdul Abdullah - Chair of Enfield Health Scrutiny.
We heard from North Middlesex Hospital’s impressive senior manager and also a new lead doctor from the A&E talking about the steps they have taken.
The following things are a direct result of the Tory Government policy, that lead to A&E faults:
- closing down walk ins
- not replace GPs
- pay GPs less money in Enfield than other boroughs
- merge the A&E with urgent care
- cutting back on primary care
- reduction of mental health provision
- underfunding social services with an ageing population
- depleting the ambulance service through privatisation
- pushing poor families to rely on food banks
- increasing health risks
It is appalling that the Health secretary has not responded to the joint MPs request. The faults are more to do with the whole overview of health care provision rather than just North Middlesex.